OnlyAllSites Public Forums - Public General chat
Posts 451 to 480 of 567   Page  Previous page group Previous page 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next page
Thread Topic: Forthcoming Shoots 2017
Topic Originator:   IC
Post Date February 28, 2017 @ 10:37 PM

Hanotaux
No. of posts: 28447
Posted on: Only Tease
January 4, 2018 @ 3:12 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

^  My guess is some of the staff couldn't make it in because of the severe storm that's hitting the UK right now.

Rick2
No. of posts: 1809
Posted on: Public Forum
January 4, 2018 @ 3:29 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

@ Hanotaux : You're probably in Missouri , there's one in Michigan too , but it's a small town . But good to hear about Brook . I looked her up and apparently she sings and acts too , another talented girl.   Jeez ! A lot of bookings already for February.  IC is late with updating the FCS .

@ BB : Especially after Snowdon , we should be suspicious just about anything regarding Intel & microsoft. Baked in backdoors in CPU's that can access your computer without it being on , operating even below the OS , is not a happy thought. . I don't like lack of choices we get : Intel or AMD , windows or linux. ( yes there are android and Apple and ARM CPU's).

First day of the new work year ... still thinking about the food , drinks and partying . We can wait another day for the samples , no biggie.

BigBob
No. of posts: 1422
January 4, 2018 @ 3:57 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

Dunno, @IC sometimes gets into a funk or just goes quiet for drama's sake.

@R2 - Yeah, make no mistake. I don't trust any corp. or govt. As an Al-right guy, I've learned over the years that all institutions, both private and public, are "in it" for their own good. Generally, in order, I distrust Google the most, MS a wee bit less, Intel a wee bit less than that, and perhaps AMD a wee bit less still but only because AMD is #2 (should it overtake Intel, then clearly that would reverse). It's unfortunate no other manufacturers are in the CPU market. Guess it's too late for that.

In about 4 hrs. we could be seeing OAS waken from its slumber.

Rick2
January 4, 2018 @ 4:14 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

IC posted last in the night of jan 3rd , so that was yesterday . Probable exhausted from his post with a thousand links !   But it was useful to see the full names and some links to favorites .   It's not like he posted an OUT sign as avatar and not posted for a week .... Hehe , I'm kidding BB ! ( don't get mad ... or angry ! ) .

Well ARM CPU's are getting better and better . Maybe in a few years they excel the x86 /x64 Intels.

Hanotaux
No. of posts: 28447
January 4, 2018 @ 4:23 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

^  YES, Brook A is absolutely becoming one of my next top favorites.... I had a custom for her too but had to hand back because I bought "too many" for January..." alt="" src="/images/smiley/msn/cry_smile.gif" style="height:19px; width:19px" />

but I hope soon to set her at wearing some leotards and some cute "bouncing around"...

She is indeed so hot, feminine, and talented... She is rapidly rising so quickly at me.  I definitely want to try and do at least 2 or 3 for her this year...

btw, I also wonder if something might be on with both Brook and Christie Jenna today.  I know these two are mates and have met before.  Perhaps these two could be the first OAS duo of 2018.  I guess we will see but I'd not entirely rule this out !... and they are suspiciously shooting on back to back days and CJ has 2 days ahead of her..;-)  Don't count on this but I frankly have my hopes up !

Lasted edited January 4, 2018 @ 4:25 AM. Edited 1 time
Rick2
January 4, 2018 @ 4:43 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

Well , if there is something going on between Brook and Christie , I hope they do it in a video so we can enjoy it too ! And while we wait for Brook , something semi seetru :

BigBob
January 4, 2018 @ 4:56 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

^^^ No probs R2. And I think @IC should've continued FCS in a new topc for the new "business" year and its likely 1,000 posts.

Rick2
January 4, 2018 @ 5:04 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

^ Yes so we can go far off topic there too ....   >>> IC's not smiling with this remark !

BigBob
January 4, 2018 @ 5:55 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

Well, if @IC would post more often in his own topics, it'd give us less reason to clutter it up with off-topc stuff. Tomorrow he should start a fresh one. I'm off for tonight.

Rick2
January 4, 2018 @ 6:24 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

It doesn't matter whether the 2018 FCS is here or a new topic .( I wonder how it is on the "inside" )  .  Staying together makes for easier searches in both years . Either way I'm greatful he posts it.

Here's a better an fuller arcticle about Intel-gate : 2 bugs and their consequences : www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-03/everyone-affected-why-implications-intel-bug-are-staggering  So next time you wonder why the Only-Tease sites load slowly or the download is slow , it means they patched the mess up.

BigBob
January 4, 2018 @ 4:40 PM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

Spectre, lol.

The part that bugs me is the fixes are said to cost performance, so guys who blew a ton on Core i7s for, say, video editing and gaming, will end up with effectively old Core i5s in their rigs. And if that goes for all of us, my Intel G620 would end up perfomring like an old Intel Core 2 Dual.

If this issue is a real as the "Interweb" is claiming, and the fixes are like above, then this makes even existing older AMD CPUs like the APU family look to be a reasonable alternative. In fact, I'm going to start checking to see if this news is being seen in mainstream box prices with Intel and AMD bits.

BigBob
January 4, 2018 @ 7:06 PM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

Another correction.

Rick2
January 5, 2018 @ 12:26 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

Jeez , IC still hasn't updated the FCS ! Must still be in shock over the MOTY results like me .

^ Maybe you should keep your grumpy old HP a while longer , wait for corrected CPU 's not stupid software patches .   The Meltdown bug is only on CPU's of the last decade , depending to which source you believe and the Intel ME (management engine ) bug is on CPU's of the last 8-9 years, so I'm good with my 12 year old CPU. The "Spectre" bug is in all , but not a big threat for private computers . For us these bugs are not a big risk , it's more servers , cloud / companies . So cool to have the latest stuff ... I'll stick with my nearly 12 year old !

BigBob
January 5, 2018 @ 1:09 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

@R2 - That's well worth considering. Because surely with all this going on, Intel and AMD (which by some accounts isn't as clean of this as its PR lets on) are going to swiftly make changes to their fabs. Not that I need too much convincing to hold off buying a new box, or mobo for a build, but now you're suggesting a solid reason to stand pat. Heh.

Rick2
January 5, 2018 @ 1:52 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

No swift changes . It takes some time and serious effort to change their fabs , kind of a redesign like next gen chip. And they have to get rid of their faulty inventory . Of course they are playing it down , they would be in BIG trouble if 100's of millions want to exchange their buggy CPU's for new ones.

BigBob
January 5, 2018 @ 2:50 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

^ Over at guru3d.com a first run through with the patches on newer CPUs and Windows 10 shows no noticeable decrease in performance in desktop programs and games. The guys there plan to look deeper into this, incl. on older CPUs (dual cores, early quads) and older OSs which might experience higher drops.

But so far this suggests there's less to this than meets the eye. It's always like this, since Tech sites want to hype up the drama to keep folks tuning in. And to "be the first" to reveal news.

Rick2
January 5, 2018 @ 3:04 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

^ Bad news , it gets Intel off the hook , but good news for all of us then . Still the other 2 problems are not solved yet.

BigBob
January 5, 2018 @ 5:06 PM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

@Amy's update means it's getting busy at OAS. Things are right in the world again.

Rick2
January 10, 2018 @ 5:34 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

IC is still missing in action , about a week now .

BigBob
January 10, 2018 @ 5:50 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

^ Yeah, it's odd, his fading in and out like this. But since it's become something of a pattern, he should be due up soon.

Rick2
January 12, 2018 @ 2:30 PM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

Nine days without a peep from IC. He may be ill again . Maybe somebody should go see if he's still alive ...  UK winters can be brutal for those old pensioners.

He hasn't updated the FCS since Dec 28th , and there are some changes like the real bummer that Victoria S is NOT coming on Monday and Tuesday together with Lauren Louise . I was looking forward to that !

BigBob
January 12, 2018 @ 4:59 PM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

@R2, I remember him going thru a bit of a spell but that seemed to get fixed. Dunno, maybe he just doesn't have much to say right now, or the mid-winter blues have set in. Cabin fever, we call it. See, that's the thing about UK winters. They're mild, damp, dark, and dreary. In contrast, the northern "continental" climate of America is bitterly cold, dry as a bone, clear and brighter than even mid-summer, and thus can be invigorating. Nothing like a walk to get the mail (or shoveling snow) when it's -40 degrees and the wind is gusting to 40 MPH. Trust me on this.

(Such conditions also foster an appreciation for babes like Brook A. and Brookie.)

Actually, this all reminds me of a TV commercial we used to see here many years ago. It was for some product associated with the UK. It showed a small black-and-white television in front of a window that outside was a dark day with steady rain. On the television was an English newsman droning on reading his news. What he's saying wasn't clear but his accent was. Above this, near the end, the commercial's narrator cheerfully declares, "Ever wonder why the English are so jolly?" I always found that so funny.

IC
No. of posts: 15792
January 12, 2018 @ 6:03 PM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

I have been keeping a low profile here on the forums as it has become evident to me that my input/posts are not universally appreciated by other members/forumers and I have been named and shamed as a contributory reason/factor why some have decided to leave/quit OAS due to my nit picking/analytical ways.

So, whilst you have had no updates from me I have been busy in 'background' mode keeping my powder dry so to speak, and have reverted back to observation mode for my own interest. I have continued to maintain the FCS information with ALL booking dates (as announced by OAS), and indeed, even with a list of bookings yet to be announced where OAS models have made it public when they will be shooting before OAS officially announces it. So personally speaking I am all over this as sole beneficiary of my new 2018 FCS list and I do see the whole / bigger picture for the coming months, including parts of March 2018 as well as January/February 2018. I have this info and records but just not made them public here or on the members forums.

I have simply decided that I obviously rock too many boats so to speak with PDL/OAS Admin and other forum members that it is not worth the aggro of putting my head above the parapet anymore to have it shot off/shot down or give anyone else reason to name/shame me in their posts.

So in summary, I am keeping my own council and records and auditing things as usual but just not making them public on a day by day basis. 

As for whoever posted that I should be offered a job/position by OAS as official records keeper it should be noted that Amy has said in the past she would instantly resign if I was ever more involved with the business than I already am as a customer so I get the overall vibe toward me and don't want to lose my access/enjoyment of the OAS sites so I will be thinking VERY carefully about ANY post(s) I make in future so as not to further aggravate things.

My problem is that due to my previous worklife experience I have an inherent bias/interest in numbers, data management, analysis/statistics, marketing and financials and I sometimes find it hard to switch off and just be a simple consumer. I have an inquisitive mind and enjoy asking questions but often these are misconstrued as criticism and yes, I am a bit pedantic at times but whenever was it a crime to cross the t's and dot the i's. I just like to be able to reconcile things not just for me but also for the benefit of others but apparently this is not a shared view/opinion so from this point forward I will be 'popping in and out' from time to time like others and keeping abreast of everything for my own benefit.

Rick2
January 13, 2018 @ 1:40 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

I had to read your post several times , IC . "my input/posts are not universally appreciated by other members/forumers and I have been named and shamed as a contributory reason/factor why some have decided to leave/quit OAS due to my nit picking/analytical ways." ... HuhNot on the outside forum , here , we appreciate your posts very much .  What are you writing about on the "inside" that pisses off members?   "nit picking/analytical ways" ... about what ? If they don't like it ... don't read it . If you have the (official) OAS FCS for yourself , why not post it here , for us , who appreciate you very much ? Look at the views of your FCS thread , enormous . "rock too many boats so to speak with PDL/OAS Admin" ... about the FCS and subjects like the booking of models and the changing modelling world ? So you have been taken some flak about posting some "secrets" here ?   We here on the outside forum , have never shot you down or name/shamed you ( maybe a joke , but that's ok though).   "it should be noted that Amy has said in the past she would instantly resign" .... I don't know your complete involvement with the sites , but that goes completely over my head and is just weird.

"My problem is that due to my previous worklife experience I have an inherent bias/interest in numbers, data management, analysis/statistics, marketing and financials" ... that is not a problem !  Maybe post more here then , than on the members' side where they don't appreciate your comments . I and I'm sure the other posters hope you keep posting here , you are a fountain of information and insights that we would clearly miss .

@ BB -40 ? Is that C or F ? "A walk to get the mail " ... how far is the mailbox from your house ?

Rick2
January 13, 2018 @ 3:33 PM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

I didn't want to spoil your new "virgin" FCS 2018 post , so I write it here : Thanks for reconsidering and continu making the FCS for us on the "outside" , IC ! !!

cable
No. of posts: 203
January 13, 2018 @ 5:30 PM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

Concur with Rick2,  Thanks IC for your efforts here.

*and let's not clog up the new FCS 2018 with off-topic posts.

Rick2
January 14, 2018 @ 12:53 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

^  Can't promise that .  Have you seen Jenni P coming back ?  And Bebe ... but we already knew that .  And Febr looking good with Natalia Forrest and Sabrina C .

IC
No. of posts: 15792
January 14, 2018 @ 1:15 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

Comments relating to the FCS, the models, etc are all fine it's when it goes way off-topic down a teccie/hardware/PC,processor rabbit hole that is distracting.

Maybe in future you guys can start a dedicated 'all things tech' thread for those that enjoy that kind of thing.

Rick2
January 14, 2018 @ 2:01 AM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

^ Noted . We'll have to keep BigBob on a tight leash then   .   Or just keep posting here . Nobody reads the inbetween pages after the first and the last , except me to re-read for some information I forgot.   A dedicated thread for tech stuff doesn't really suit here on the public forum , I think.

cable
No. of posts: 203
January 14, 2018 @ 4:14 PM Login  |  Register   |   Print   |   Top

Head mistress Malene has plans for Rick2.......

Rick2 will write on the blackboard "I will not post off-topic in the FCS 2018 thread" 1000 times.

Posts 451 to 480 of 567   Page  Previous page group Previous page 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next page